Banyan Data Services (BDS) is a US-based data focused IT Company that specializes in comprehensive data solutions and services, headquartered in San Jose, California, USA. We are looking for Data Science developers to join our development team based out of Bangalore. This team is to focus on building most innovative and emerging data infrastructure management and DevOps tools to support highly scalable and available infrastructure.
It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocket ship startup run by a world-class executive team. We are looking for candidates that aspire to be a part of the cutting-edge solutions and services we offer that address next gen data evolution challenges.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analysing trends and creating insights to promote smart decision-making towards improving products and business decisions. You will also be responsible for:
- Building a Data Science Framework designed to handle large volume data sets
- Communicating insights and findings in a simplified manner.
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and gathering techniques and providing timely communications on significant issues and developments.
- Developing customised data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Working with cross-functional teams to assess data science use cases and to understand data and analytics related requirements and define potential projects
- Ensure assigned deliverables are completed end-to-end.
Key Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor/Masters degree from a top-tier institute, ideally in quantitative discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics or similar field)
- One year of experience, ideally within a Statistician role
- fresher’s with certifications can also apply
- Possess strong knowledge of R, Python and SQL and experience in building and scaling models for time series.
- Strong expertise in Math/ Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling (Regression, Neural Networks etc.) would be highly valuable.
- Ability to seamlessly navigate various programs and tools utilized as part of the collection process
- Strong Knowledge of Regression/ Linear Analysis Familiarity with any of Deep Learning, Distributed RF, Generalized Linear Model, K- Mean and naive Bayes Familiarity with designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent planning and execution skills with proven ability to drive results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and are adept at working with multiple stakeholders to drive desired outcomes
- Possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- Pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- Creative problem solver and can multitask in fast-paced environments